Even when life throws me a few curves, I always have time to drool over new organizing tools for our homeschool area. Because I can never get enough of organizing, I jumped at the chance of reviewing an academic year big wall calendar by NeuYear.
Psssst…. because I don’t want you to miss it, I want you to know right away that I will be hosting another giveaway and it will be for these calendars. As always at the end of this post, I will give you the details.
Woo-Worthy Big Wall Calendar
First though I have to tell you what I love about this woo-worthy big wall calendar. I tend to fuss be picky because I want a wall calendar that is not only pretty, but practical.
Then a lot of the big wall calendars that I have used before tend to be bulky and heavy. It’s almost like having another honey do project because I normally can’t hang one by myself. The wall calendar I will end up using the most will be one that is a DIY when it comes to hanging it.
Right away when I received my shipment in a nice sturdy container tube, I could see that it was not only lightweight, but durable and laminated to use with dry erase markers. That was the first sign that this calendar was a keeper.
Too, you know I told you my house is almost upside down because we are making some changes. So my command center or area that I had in the kitchen is not there anymore. I was kind of suffering withdrawal from not having one organized spot in my home at the moment.
How To Be a Transient Organizer
On top of that I am trying to line out classes for Mr. Senior 2013, juggle doctor’s appointments for the Mr. and keep our school going so I was feeling a bit defeated in looking over my whole plan at a year’s glance until I got this calendar. I knew right away what I wanted to do with it and how I wanted to use it to organize. I would create a temporary command center so that everybody can see at a glance what is planned.
I grabbed some gift wrapping paper I had and covered a foam board. Then I used some washi tape and covered some clothes pin. It took literally 15 minutes to make a temporary command center and bring some instant organizing awwww to my homeschool and life for the year.
I love, love the fact that the calendar is so lightweight that I can just use clothes pins to hold it up, not to mention that I am using lightweight foam board as my backdrop. I have put this in my school area for now, but I can pick it up and move it to another part of the house as I make changes in my home.
Of course, it helps that my new NeuYear calendar is a smokin’ hot color because I love turquoise/aqua, any shade of it and gray. The beauty of the NeuYear calendar lies in how simple, but elegant and uncluttered the design is. I don’t want the design to compete with whatever design or colors I may want to use in my area.
I know you have seen those calendars with tons of heavy designing and graphics. I tend to steer clear because sometimes what you see online is not how it looks when it arrives. With this calendar, what you see is what you get.
Too, a command center is a place for the whole family to glance at without being overwhelmed by design clutter or heavy color. The doctor’s appointments, our homeschool routine, field trips and our classes should stay center stage as the appointments are what is important to focus on. It is easy to find my appointments because they stay clear and sharp with NeuYear’s clean and chic design.
Why I Love the NeuYear Big Wall Calendar
But I have not even gotten to the best parts of this calendar. You would think a calendar is just a calendar, but there are several reasons I am loving this one and taking time to tell you about it.
- Besides being lightweight, this calendar can be placed either vertical or horizontal. Yes, it’s double-sided. Does that mean it’s like getting two calendars for the price of one? I am using it vertically, but I love knowing I have options when I decide to give it a permanent resting home.
- The next thing that has me loving this unique design is that there are no spaces or gaps in between the months. Yes, NO wasted space or date confusion.
- The grid is nice and big enough to write in. I received the laminated calendar to use with dry erase markers which I prefer instead of the paper one. You may like their other calendar which is a regular paper surface.
- The other thing I like about this laminated calendar and tell me if I am the only one that does this, but I use post it notes/sticky tabs for some of my recurring events or appointments. I just move the tabs like hubby’s Dr. appointments as I need to instead of always writing in the space. So I am tickled that the boxes are just the perfect size and not too big for my tabs.
- When it comes to long term planning, appointments and deadlines, I have learned something new about myself with this review and that is how much I love this big wall calendar. My command area in my kitchen was on my kitchen bar. It was small, but had a decent size calendar to lay on my countertop. I realized how much the boys have been coming to this and glancing at it rather then flipping open my family calendar. Too, I love everything about looking at our school year at a glance and knowing that my boys don’t have to crack open my curriculum planner that I prefer to just keep as mine. Hubby can see what is going on with us too.
Using the right tools to make every day an awwww organizing day even on a temporary basis without being tedious is not an easy feat. If you want a simple but elegant, clutter free calendar, then NeuYear calendars are a perfect option.
For all those organizational gurus and techies, I list below the measurement and facts at a glance for you. Also, remember to sign up for their newsletter to see their latest updates. I have that below too.
Product Name:Academic Year Wall Calendar Laminated (Dry Erase)
Prices: Dry erase $24.00 Regular Paper $19.00
Type of Product: Physical Giant Wall Calendar
Size of Wall Calendar: 27” x 39”. Turn landscape or portrait.
All prices are good as of the date of this review.
Hugs and love ya,